3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN ORDERING TILE:
You’ve found the Mexican tile that you LOVE for your backsplash or countertop. The next step is to purchase the tile...but before you pick up the phone, here are 3 things to make sure you do before hand.
- FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH MEXICAN TILE YOU NEED:
- carefully measure the area you want to tile: how many feet long and how many feet wide. Multiply these two numbers together. This how many square feet you need. If you are using 4”x4” tile, then just multiply # of square feet x 9 and that will give you how many tile you need. If you are using 6”x6” tile, then multiply square feet x 4.
- Here is an example: Let’s say your kitchen backsplash measures 6 feet long by 2.5 feet high. Multiply those dimensions: 6 x 2.5= 15 square feet. Now simply multiply 15 x 9 = 135 4 x 4 tile needed. If you are unsure of about this process, we are here to help.
- REMEMBER THE TRIM
- You may ask yourself what is TRIM and why do I need it? It is commonly confused with BORDER tile (which is a decorative tile used to frame a mural or other tile). Trim tile is specially made pieces of solid color tile (no designs on it) that are designed to cover up the raw edge of the your Mexican tile. If you leave the raw edge showing it makes your tile project look unfinished and unprofessional. It comes in many shapes, sizes and colors, so it’s another way to put your own creative stamp on your project. We are happy to help you select the right trim for your project.
- ORDER EXTRA TILE:
- Your tile setter will undoubtedly need to cut some tiles to make the whole array fit in the space, no matter how accurately you measure. Also tile gets broken when someone drops one or drops a hammer on it! A third reason to order extra of your beautiful Mexican tile is to keep some in a box under the sink or in a closet in case you ever need to replace one. After 10 years, it may be difficult to match a particular design or color